After a short delay, the moonglow jumper is finished.
It wasn’t without its problems though.
The pattern called for 12 balls which is the number I bought. However that wasn’t enough as I ran out in the middle of the collar, so I had to get another ball. Even with this extra ball, I barely had enough to finish it. In fact I did the collar a row less than the pattern said because I didn’t think I’d have enough – and I would have been right.
The yarn was quite strange to knit with because the thickness varies throughout, but I like the effectof it.
The collar and bottom edge curls a bit, but hopefully I’ll be able to block it and flatten it down.
New skills learnt:
- I used circular needles for the first time. I wasn’t sure that I liked it at first, but once I got used to it, it was fine and nice not to have to purl when doing stocking stitch.