I decided that I ought to try blocking my latest blanket squares properly, rather than subjecting them to the steam iron and in effect melting the acrylic yarn.
So I got a towel and pinned the two squares out. They already measured the right dimensions so didn’t need to stretch them.
I then found some old hankies, put them under the tap to wet them, and laid them on top:
I left it over night and most of today to dry out, and this evening I unpinned the squares and what did I find… they’re no different than before. The edges still curl and they look exactly the same as before.
I don’t really know what to do now… I’d be better off steaming them again! At least that does something.
It’s a miserable evening here in the UK. Raining again for about the 1000th day in a row and it was even misty this morning. It’s July for goodness sake and we’ve had to put on the central heating to take the damp chill off. Roll on next Tuesday and Santorini.