I took the Plymouth Argyle beanie to its recipient last night and he was delighted. In fact his wife seemed even more thrilled that I’d taken the time to make it. I was so pleased that it fitted ok (although he does have a larger head than my Dad who was my test model).
I felt that I was on a roll, so I cast on for another hat last night, using some leftover Sirdar Click Chunky yarn (the yarn I used for the Starsky cardigan) . There’s another beanie pattern in a past issue of The Art of Knitting, so I’m sort of following that. However the pattern calls for some large dots to be sewn on and HUGE pompom on top, both of which look stupid, so I think I’ll just put a couple of stripes in it, a bit like on the Plymouth Argyle beanie.
I think that I might even write up my own beanie pattern and make it available here on my blog… so watch this space!