Happy New Year! I hope that 2008 was a good year for you and that 2009 will be even better.
Today is the second anniversary of my knitting blog Vic’s Knits and in the past year, I’ve had twice as many visitors with my stats now totalling over the 30,000 mark. I can’t believe it really, because I don’t write about anything particularly exciting or funny. It’s just about m’ knittin’!
Here’s what I achieved in 2008:
I was also looking at the entry I wrote this time last year. I had a number of knitting ambitions for 2008, some of which I achieved, some I didn’t:
- To learn to knit in the round using DPNs – done!
- To knit a pair of socks, once I’ve learnt to handle more than 2 needles at a time! – done!
- To learn to crochet beyond doing chain stitch – done!
- To knit something with wire
- To knit something with beads
- To visit Get Knitted in Bristol
- To write and publish my first pattern – done!
- To finish the Art of Knitting blanket – done!
- To open a yarn store… well I can dream can’t I?
The final item in the list there was just a whimsical idea last year, however… I think that 2009 might bring with it some exciting developments which could turn the dream into a reality! Watch this space 🙂