My brother is due home for the holidays this afternoon and I finished the socks I was knitting for him at lunchtime! Phew. They’re all ironed and wrapped now.
For these socks I used an odd ball of Opal sock yarn that was in the stash. I didn’t get anywhere near the tension in the pattern for some reason and initially the socks started off too large. I started again and am just hoping they’ll fit now.
There’s one little fault on one of the socks where, after knitting the heel flap, you have to pick up stitches to turn the heel. There are two small holes. On the other sock it’s better because I picked up the stitches slightly differently. But the rate my brother goes through socks they probably won’t last him all that long anyway!