Happy New Year to you, and Happy Blogiversary to me.
It’s funny to think that I started this blog 3 years ago when I was a newbie knitter and now I own an online yarn shop which is soon to have a showroom for customers to visit in person and somewhere I can hold workshops.
Starting the business has been very exciting and I have loved every minute of it. But working full time and running your own business does impact on the amount of time that I’ve had to knit this past year. I was looking on Ravelry at projects I’ve got in my list and I haven’t actually finished much during 2009. I had hoped to get the Scandinavian blanket and Sparkly Bolero finished before the New Year came in, but it wasn’t too be. I didn’t go out on New Year’s Eve this year – we stayed in and had a West Wing marathon (7 episodes back to back!) and I was able to whip up this beanie for a friend during the evening. It was nice to be able to squeeze one more FO in 2009! I hope she likes it. She’s not really much of a hat wearer but did ask whether I could make her one just before she went home for Christmas.
I’m not very good at keeping new year’s resolutions, so I don’t bother to make any. However I do like to try and set some goals to achieve during the year:
- Re-learn and get to a reasonable level at crochet. There’s a new Rowan crochet book coming out in the Spring and having seen the previews, there a couple of tops that look really nice. So I want to get good enough at crochet to be able to make them!
- Learn continental style of knitting.
- Make some patchwork bags that I bought kits for ages ago, but still haven’t made up.
- Write and publish the retro cardigan pattern that I’ve wanted to do for AGES.
- Finish more projects that I did in 2009!
Let’s see what 2010 brings us eh? Happy New Year and Happy Knitting!