Happy New Year to you, and Happy Blogiversary to me.
I can’t believe that I’ve been writing this blog for 4 years now and a lot has happened in that time with regards to my knitting. I’ve gone from a beginner to a yarn shop owner.
In my new year post, I usually like review the past year’s knitting achievements and my goals for the forthcoming year. This time last year I said I wanted to:
- learn to crochet to a reasonable level – Well, I did a little bit of crochet, but not a lot. I crocheted a snowflake on Christmas Eve!
learn continental knitting– done!
- make some patchwork bags – nope although I made some soft toys and an apron!
- write the retro cardigan pattern I’ve wanted to do for ages – nope!
finish more projects that I did the previous year– yep!
So that was a semi successful knitting year I think!
What will 2011 bring I wonder? I’m hoping that business in the shop will continue to grow and I will be able to give up the website development work that I’m still doing. In terms of knitting goals, well I think:
- do more crochet
- practice the continental knitting that I learned recently
- make the patchwork bags from the kits I have
- make a patchwork quilt
- write that cardigan pattern
- finish the scallop blanket that I started months ago
- finish the possum hat I started over a year ago!
- finish at least the same number of knitting projects if not more
- blog more
What are your crafting resolutions for 2011? Let me know in the comments below.