I had fun making block 1 yesterday afternoon, so I got on with block 2 last night after dinner. I thought that I was being clever with this block, by drawing around the template on the wrong side of the fabric, so that the pencil lines wouldn’t show on the right side. However I didn’t turn the template over and so the windmill shapes actually point in the opposite direction to the way the block was shown in the magazine. (I had a mild panic that I’d messed it all up at one point!)
And this is Block 3, which I did just before lunch today. Didn’t quite get the points of the sails to meet exactly, but it’s near enough for me. I don’t think my cutting out is always very accurate either – something I need to improve.