I’ve now finished piecing all the hexies I need for my Bee Creative cushion. There weren’t going to be quite so many cream ones originally, but I felt it needed more a plain surround. I made a bit of a boob though as I cut the plain hexies from two different fabrics by mistake and one is slightly creamier than the other. Never mind! I’ve mixed them for a more of a mottled look.
I was going to use one of the Bee Creative fabrics as a border and backing, however the one I liked sold out yesterday 😦 I wasn’t quick enough. However Mum suggested using this piece of ombre fabric as a backing, which I think goes perfectly.
I might also embroider a little bee or something on the back. Moda Bakeshop are doing a Bee Creative Quilt Along with some lovely embroideries which you can download for free. I might use one of these.