I’ve finally finished knitting our baby his first cardigan. I started it before we had the 20 week scan so we didn’t know if it was a boy or girl. I knitted it all apart from the button band and then had to wait till mid-February to know which side to put the buttons and buttonholes on.
Trouble is, I lost momentum then and started knitting something else.
However I picked it up again recently to finish it off and thought to myself that it was look quite large, for the 0-6 months size. When I measured I found that it was a bit too big in places, so I had to undo and shorten both front pieces and the sleeves. (The length of the back was fine!). Don’t know how I measured them before but they were longer than they should have been.
Finally sewed it together and put on the buttons this week and I’m pleased with the outcome.