Baby Boy’s Christmas Snowflake Sweater

I finally finished Baby Boy’s snowflake sweater in time for Christmas! It was a bigger task than originally anticipated because I had to re-knit parts, more than once! I think this was by and large, due to the fact that I chose to use Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, which isn’t quite a DK weight, so I was struggling to get the correct gauge.

When I first started it, I knit the back and part of the front when I realised it wasn’t going to be wide enough. So I frogged and knitted the next size up (in terms of the width) but then decided to stick to the original size for length.

All went quite well until the end when I went to attach the collar.  It wouldn’t fit over his head!  Fortunately I’d had the foresight to not do too much sewing up before I tried it on him. I had to reknit the front piece so that the neck opening was longer.  The collar stretched around the bigger opening fine and now it’s finished it looks and feels really good on him.

Am very pleased with the outcome and it was worth all the re-knitting!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.