I managed to do a spot of sewing a couple of weekends ago. Whilst my parents were having cuddle time with our baby boy, I put together this arm yarn holder.
I’d been knitting at Mum’s recently and was having to balance the ball of yarn on my lap. It kept rolling off and I remembered seeing these yarn holders on Pinterest.
So I did hunt around for some tutorials and patterns and found a few different ideas. I eventually decided to download a yarn bag pattern from this site. At the full size, it was too big for my needs, however I printed it out at 60% and this brought it down to a much better size.
I didn’t bother with the pocket and I did actually change the curve shaping slightly when I cut it out. Unfortunately I didn’t follow the assembly instructions carefully because I thought I had it in my head but I kept thinking back to a different tutorial I’d read and as a result, ended up mixing up both tutorials and needing to fiddle around to sew it up properly.
But the end result is fine!
The fabric was from our stash and I found this button in the same colour green which I thought would decorate it nicely. (I was originally looking for a knitting themed button I know I have somewhere, but couldn’t find it.)