My Floridian friend Ingrid has tagged me for another meme – quite an interesting one and I can safely say that I’ve learnt something in the process.
The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.
My birthday is January 21 which is the 21st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 344 days remaining (345 in leap years) and on that day in…
1793 – After being found guilty of treason by the French Convention, Louis XVI of France is guillotined.
1911 – The first Monte Carlo Rally.
1976 – Commercial service of Concorde begins with London-Bahrain and Paris-Rio routes.
I share my birthday with:
1941 – Plácido Domingo, Spanish-born tenor
1976 – Emma Bunton, (English singer with Spice Girls)
And on Jan 21st it is a holiday in Mauritius – Thaipoosam Cavadee. (whatever that is?!)
Tag, “you’re it” to:
Thanks Ingrid for tagging me. It’s nice to be included in blog community stuff :). OK, where do I start?
- I’m a Christian and go to St Andrew’s Church, Plymouth
- I drive a Mini Convertible.
- I’ve played the flute for over 20 years and the guitar for about 2 years.
- I’ve just started to learn to speak Dutch, so I can go and visit my cousins in Holland.
- I’m researching my family tree and one of my ancestors was shipwrecked and eaten by his crew mates as they tried to survive in a lifeboat for three weeks at sea.
- My favourite TV programme ever is Friends (which I watch over and over again on DVD).
- My Dad is also my boss.
- My top 3 rides at DisneyWorld are the Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Tower of Terror.
I’ll tag another 3 people shortly…