This is Simon the Sheep… a little crocheted friend for my little boy. I had originally intended to crochet a black sheep, as Baa Baa Black Sheep is his favourite nursery rhyme, however I’m only a novice crocheter and using black wool was just too difficult to see the stitches!
The pattern is from a book called Edward’s Menagerie. It’s one that I’ve been meaning to have a go at for AGES but my lack of crochet skills has made me hesitate I suppose. I’ve never been a massive fan of crochet, but I loved making Simon and I’m definitely going to make other animals from the book. My husband requested one some time ago, so I should aim to do another this year.
The Christmas knitting still isn’t quite finished, but I thought I would just share a picture of a softie that I made for my friend this week. It was her birthday yesterday and this is my present to her.
He is the fiddliest toy I’ve ever knitted but worth it, because he’s so cute!
The pattern is designed by CID Hanscom Designs and I bought it in California a couple of years ago. The yarn is Frog Tree Alpaca that I bought at the same time. Got loads of the yarn left, as Sheldon is quite tiny, so might weave something with the rest of it.
Isn’t he cute? I am so pleased with him. He was very straight forward to make. Just a quite a few pieces and I had to get the correct size eyes from America in the end because I couldn’t get any here in the UK.
She’s a Melly and Me pattern which I made last weekend and am rather pleased with myself. Sewing projects are always a bit daunting for me. Her tail keeps flopping because I should have used some stiffer iron-on stuff but I don’t care. It just adds to her uniqueness. I need to make a couple of babies which will sit in her wing pockets. Perhaps I’ll do those tomorrow. Because tomorrow is a bank holiday!!! Yay!!!
This is Sally Scarecrow and Rosie Ragdoll and they are Christmas presents for my “surrogate” nieces. Mum made Sally (on the left) and I made Rosie. I finished her last night. She took me a few weekends but I got there without any hiccups and I was quite pleased with myself. I am starting to feel a little more confident about sewing now… Just a little…
She was pretty easy to do – must be if I managed to make her!
The sparkly bolero that I’m knitting is nearly done. I’m just doing the cable trim, which is taking ages!
I also went to a craft evening at church last Friday and armed with a bundle of knitting needles and balls of yarn from the charity shop, I tried to teach people to knit. I think people enjoyed themselves and I have at least one convert. There are quite a few girls who knit at church now so a few of us might start meeting up to knit and crochet. Should be fun!